AlaskanFireworker

Tuesday, August 28, 2007


This is a plate for my friend "Shakes". This is made with glass frit and "Liquid glass" for outline on clear glass. This was before it was fired. This plate also developed a really nasty bubble in it. I was screaming mad. "Shakes" is a 7th grade honors English teacher and I wasn't going to give it to her since it "failed" but I thought maybe she could use it as a teaching example.. if at first you don't succeed....try try again????















This plate was made for my friends Melody and Steve. First I fired the heart shapes using frit in a heart shaped mold. Then I placed these hearts on top of "glass confetti" on top of clear glass. .
















This was made for a friend that loves Jack Russell terriers. Hers is named Boo. Well this plate ended up having a boo boo.....I fired it too hot on the fusing and it developed a bubble in the middle. I have made this mistake a few times and it makes me wonder if I'll ever learn from my mistakes.















This is before any firings. Its a clear glass round with white and blue frit and "liquid glass" used for the poles and skis. This ended up being a bowl.















This plate was made with a clear circle and then glass stringers and frit.















This plate was made for no particular reason when I was sorting through my scrap pieces of glass. Because glass is so incredibly expensive to ship to Alaska, I don't throw any away. So I just pretty much threw the scraps on the clear glass and fused it.
















This bowl was made for a silent auction for the Irish Dance Academy. It is an 8 inch round clear glass with ground glass frit and some "liquid glass" on the dancer with frit on top.

















This bowl I made for a Minnesota Vikings fan. In this picture the slumping process has not been done yet. Once the bowl was done I filled it with matching M&Ms.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home